2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
There are two broad categories of information that we collect from you – (A) personal data and (B) non-personal data.
(A) Personal Data
"Personal Data" means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (i) from that data or (ii) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
We collect certain types of Personal Data, including your name, gender, date of birth, identification numbers, company (if applicable), contact information (e.g. address, phone number, email address), payment information (e.g. credit or debit card information), photographs and video footages taken at events organised by us and/or our business partners and any other information which you may provide in any forms submitted to us or via other forms of interaction with you.
Personal Data is collected in various circumstances, including the following:
- When you register for or use any of our services on websites owned and/or operated by us (e.g. subscription to our magazine/s, e-newsletter);
- When you register as a member of websites owned and/or operated by us, or hosted by us on behalf of our business partners or use services on such websites;
- When you take part in any contest, survey or promotion conducted by us and/or our business partners;
- When you participate in events, exhibitions or roadshows organised by us and/or our business partners; and
- When you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason.
We may also obtain personal data about you from other sources and combine it with information you provide to us. If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of spouse, children, parents, employees and/or authorised representatives), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to you providing us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
(B) Non-Personal Data
We also collect certain non-personal data when you visit and use our websites. Such data is entirely anonymous and is aggregated for statistical analysis ("Aggregate Information").
We use "cookies", where a small data file is sent to your browser to store and track Aggregate Information about you when you visit our websites. The cookie is used to track information such as the number of users and their frequency of use, profile of users and their preferred websites.
Like many website operators, we may use an independent company (the "Third Party Market Research Company") to measure and analyse the Internet usage across our websites. Pages on our websites may be coded with software which enables them to track visitors to our websites. We use the Third Party Market Research Company’s services to collect core information on the usage of our websites, including the following:
§ The number of page views (or page impressions) that occur on our websites;
§ The number of unique visitors to our websites;
§ How long these unique visitors (on average) spend on our websites when they do visit; and
§ Common entry and exit points into our websites.
This Aggregate Information is collated by the Third Party Market Research Company and provided to us to assist in analysing the usage of our websites. This is so that we can improve the content and navigability of our websites as well as our services and facilities.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can, however, modify your browser settings to disable cookies. If you choose to do so, some of the functionality of our websites may be impaired.
(ii) Web beacons
In addition to cookies, we may also use web beacons and other similar technologies to deliver or communicate with cookies, in order to better understand how you interact with the content on our websites.
We also may include web beacons in e-mail messages to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon, and how.
The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customise the services we offer, as well as measure the overall effectiveness of our online content, advertising campaigns, and the products and services we offer through our websites.
Our advertising partners may also place web beacons and other similar ad tracking technologies such as Doubleclick and Eyeblaster on our websites to collect Aggregate Information.
The Aggregate Information obtained is used by our advertising partners to measure the effectiveness of their advertisements and to personalise the advertisement content that you see.
3. PURPOSES FOR COLLECTION, USE, DISCLOSURE AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Your Personal Data may be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed for various purposes, including the followings (collectively, the "Purposes"):
- For editorial purposes;
- To provide goods and services to you (e.g. mailing of magazines, direct mailers and event invitations);
- To verify and process your personal particulars and payments;
- To manage your subscription;
- To communicate with you (e.g. mailing of appeal letters on behalf of charitable causes and follow-up calls to event invitations);
- To send you information, promotions, updates as well as marketing and advertising materials in relation to our goods and services and those of our business partners or third party organisations;
- To send you information about any administrative changes, updates and/or amendments to our policies, terms and conditions;
- To respond to your queries, requests and/or complaints;
- For organising events or other marketing or promotional activities;
- For past, current and potential advertising leads;
- For marketing research, user profile and statistical analysis and other development activities to improve our services and facilities for your benefit;
- To protect and enforce our contractual and legal rights and obligations;
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations or to assist in law enforcement and/or investigations by any governmental authority, public agency, statutory board or similar authority; and
- For any other purposes which we notify you of at the time of obtaining your consent.
4. SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
In order to facilitate our business operations and provision of goods and services, your Personal Data may be disclosed, for one or more of the Purposes listed above, to the following third parties (whether located in Thailand or abroad):
- Agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide operational services to us, such as information technology, training, market research, administration of our websites, distribution of magazines or other communications to you about our products, services or events, as well as storage and archival services;
- Vendors or any third party business partners who offer goods and services or sponsor contests or other promotional programs on our websites, whether in conjunction with us or not;
- Third party business and charity partners in relation to corporate promotional events;
- The credit bureau, or in the event of default or disputes, any debt collection agencies or dispute resolution centres;
- Any business partner, investor, assignee or transferee (actual or prospective) to facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or asset sale);
- Anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties;
- Banks, credit card companies and their respective service providers;
- Our professional advisors such as our auditors and lawyers;
- Relevant government regulators or authority or law enforcement agency to comply with any laws or rules and regulations imposed by any governmental authority; and
- Any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your personal data
In situations in which any other party to whom you authorize us to disclose your personal data receive your personal data from us, we will require the third parties to exercise reasonable care in protecting your personal data.
5. YOUR RIGHTS
If you are in the European Economic Area, in certain circumstances you have the right to:
- access and rectify your personal data;
- request us to erase your personal data;
- restrict how we process your personal data;
- where our processing of your personal data is based on consent, withdraw your consent at any time;
- object to our processing of your personal data on the basis of legitimate interests, unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- object to direct marketing (including any profiling for such purposes) at any time;
- receive your personal data which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit such data to another data controller without hindrance from us; and
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
6. RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We will retain your Personal Data collected for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it is collected, the legal and/or business purposes of Blue Mango, and/or as may be required by applicable law. When destroying Personal Data, we will take commercially reasonable and technically feasible measures to make the data irrecoverable or irreproducible, as may be required by applicable law.
We take the security and protection of your Personal Data very seriously. As such, we store your Personal Data on secure servers and have put in place appropriate security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal of your Personal Data. However, we cannot assume responsibility for any unauthorised use of your Personal Data by third parties which are wholly attributable to factors beyond our control.
If you do not wish to receive any further information from us regarding our magazines, offers, promotions or events via email, you may unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link included in our email correspondence.
Please note that if you withdraw your consent for a limited purpose, we may still contact you or use your information for other purposes for which you have not withdrawn your consent and such personal data may still be shared, as permitted under the applicable law.
9. THIRD PARTY SITES
Our websites may contain links to other websites operated by third parties such as our business partners. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of websites operated by third parties that are linked to our websites. You are encouraged to learn about the privacy policies of such third party websites. Some of these third party websites may be co-branded with our logo or trademark, even though they are not operated or maintained by us. Once you have left our websites, you should check the applicable terms, conditions and policies of the third party website to determine how they will handle any information they collect from you.
10. CROSS BORDER DATA TRANSFER
The Personal Data that we collect or obtain from you may be transferred to jurisdictions that offer lesser protection of personal data than that provided in your jurisdiction. In particular, we may transfer your Personal Data to a service provider(s) in jurisdictions outside Thailand. Such transfer would be made with appropriate or suitable safeguards or with your explicit consent. Such transfer may present possible risks for you due to the lack of an adequacy decision or appropriate safeguards.
11. CONTACT DETAILS
Please do not hesitate to contact us, if you, at any time, wish to:
- Enquire about this policy or about how we may find, manage, protect and/or process your Personal Data; or
- Complain about the way we manage, protect and/or process your Personal Data; or
- Access or correct your Personal Data in our control or possession; or
- Withdraw your consent for us to collect, use, disclose and/or process your personal data.
You can reach us via email or letter to the address specified below.
Email address: email@example.com
Office address: Blue Mango Publishing Co., Ltd. No. 20 Bubhajit Building 14th A Floor, North Sathorn Rd., Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500
Please indicate in the subject header the nature of your correspondence. We will certainly strive to revert to you speedily. Such enquiry / complaint / request / withdrawal shall be deemed to have been made when received by Blue Mango.
12. NO WAIVER
13. GOVERNING LAW
14. CHANGES TO POLICY